MONOKEI x TGR - Tomo
Let's take it back to December 2017, coffee and cakes in Petaling Jaya, KL. Enthusiasts from Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore all crowding around a long table talking keyboards while puzzled baristas couldn't make sense of the items brought out of informal bags, wrapped in cloth.
Product link: https://monokei.co/products/tomo
Addons link: https://monokei.co/products/tomo-addons
More pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/Ad67jbx
1. Sale Format:
This sale is an unlimited group buy with the caveat of The Human Limit as always. We're confident of expanding that definition with the addition of regional vendors and have paid for production slots with the manufacturers for this design.
- The sale will run from the 28th of May 2021 till 11pm (GMT+8), 19th June 2021.
- A helpful timer for the duration of the sale is available here.
- ETA: Q2 2022.
The launch time may differ according to region, so keep an eye out on Discord and other social media platforms for more information for your respective regions.
Tomo Standard Kit
The available colours (top and bottom pieces) for the group buy are:
- Blush Pink
- Olive Green
- Royal Purple
- Suave Blue
- Titan Grey
(Renders are for illustration purposes, final colours may differ slightly)
Each board also comes with:
- Hotswap or solder PCB
- Set of silver anodised badges (MONOKEI & TGR)
- Polycarbonate (frosted) full plate
- Silver anodised backplate
- Sandblasted brass weight
- 1x O ring
Tomo SE Kit
(only available at MONOKEI)
|Kit Colour||Badges||Plate||Back Plate||Weight|
|Silver Top & Bottom||1. Stainless Steel (Polished, MONOKEI & TGR)
2. Brass (Black Polished PVD, MONOKEI & TGR)
|PC Full Plate||Stainless Steel (Polished)||Brass (Matte PVD)|
|Tomo Standard Kit (Solder)||S$675||USD525||CAD610||€500||£435 (inc VAT)||A$660.20||IDR 7.89 Mil.|
Tomo Standard Kit (Hotswap)
£445 (inc VAT)
|A$675||IDR 7.99 Mil.|
|Tomo SE Kit (Solder)||S$950||
Tomo SE Kit (Hotswap)
We're offering the following items as addons and / or upgrades:
- Kaban (hard case bag)
- PC (frosted) full plate
- Aluminium full plate (silver)
- Hotswap / Solder PCBs
- Brass Badge Set (Sandblasted, MONOKEI + TGR)
If you're purchasing through MONOKEI, you may also choose to add the usual complements of switches and other peripherals to your order.
6. Shipping & Taxes:
Please check with your respective vendors for further information. For Singapore residents, GST will be absorbed by MONOKEI.
7. Quality Expectations:
While we strive to provide a perfect experience, no kit can be 100% flawless at our scale of production, as such the caveats are as follows:
- No scratches on exposed / user facing parts of the keyboard (after installation of plate & PCB).
- Possible machining marks / scratches on the inside of the kit / pieces not exposed to the user. This includes scratches arising from anodisation hooks.
- Screw holes are NOT anodised.
- Slight anodisation variation between top and bottom pieces. Aluminium pieces are anodised in batches, and thus slight variation in tone and shade may occur.
- Brass weight patina: brass as a material tarnishes over time, you can clean it but note that it's a form of oxidation that we cannot control.